Tuesday, March 16, 2010

Long time no blog!

HeLlO!
I've been really busy lately and slacking off on blogging. I had a spectaular weekend! Friday the hubs and I headed down to our college friends and got together with our friends Josh and Melissa who made us delicious gyros! Josh went and studied abroad in Greece so I like him to make them for me whenever possible:)
Here they are-
We took some photos before Mel went to Spain for fall term.

Silly billy!

It was a long shoot..they needed a little rest:)

te he!

I have known Josh longer then Race (since 7th grade) and am happy that we are both friends with him, and that he has a pretty sweet first girlfriend that I approve of and like a whole lot:)
Anyways maybe that makes up for the fact that I didn't take any actual pictures while we were with them!

I got really delicious froyo at a new place down there with of my best friends Chels and kinda went overboard with the toppings! You pay $.40 an ounce and mine ended up being like 5 bucks! Next time I'll get less yogurt, more toppings because I had a hard time finishing all the yogurt..but it was so hard to choose which flavor so I went with 3 :)
Here I am with Chels and my sis at Red Robins a year ago.

I got to spent a lot of quality time this weekend with my sister who I love oh-so-much! I'm so glad we are such great friends and I feel so blessed to have her:)
 
Here's my mom, sister and I at her school of ministry graduation last May (I just found the photo on my mom's camera..she never takes them off)!

We also got breakfast with Race's brother and sister and went to the Book Bin which is my most favorite bookstore! I got an ahhhhhmazing book that I'm going to include in part of a giveaway in a few weeks so be prepared and very excited!

Saturday night I babysat and was super tired from staying up until 3:30 Friday night dancing and then talking to my sis. But I'm so glad I did because I'm finding people are super generous Saturday nights and I got 20$ an hour:) Well worth especially since the kids were only awake for 2 of the hours haha! I love generous West Linn families!

Sunday I got one less hour of sleep but it is so much better with how late it stays light! Race and I went to church and then got lunch with our friends Julie and Christian at the pizza place in the building my good friends own (Mi Familia). Then we brought them over to meet my parent's baby chicks because it just so happens that Julie is obsessed with chickens! Perfecto.

Here with are with the fluffy headed babies I posted about the other day!

My mom went crazy wild and got 19 this year!

haha Kovassia being sexy I guess!

My favorite!

she's so happy! Even after getting pooped on twice! That's love.

Trying to convince the boyfriend to get some since he lives on property.. he wasn't having it though!

Then Race and I took our little buddies skating.


My mom and dad and the boys learning how to mow:)

Then I took a much needed nap while Race took the boys skating in the new church warehouse.. I guess it has really smooth cement (perfect for skating, or so I'm told).
Then I rode my big mare in the beautiful sun and was happy that when I got off her at 7pm it was still light! Glorious.

Yesterday I made pulled pork and cookies and bought potato salad and chips for the men volunteering to work on our new church building. My mom was on her way to bring me the rolls and deliver the food with me when Race texts and says "um so someone ordered a bunch of pizza that just got here." Ugh! haha it actually wasn't a big deal..except that I got off work early to have it all ready! I took it to them tonight instead and they were very nice and appreciative. One man asked if I was from the south? I guess the south eats lots of pork!

9 lbs of pork
2 1/2 bottles of bbq sauce
onions, lemon juice, brown sugar- yum!

I love my kitchen aid and it now has a permanent home on my counter!

A few of the many cookies it made. Here is the recipe from my friend Liz-

Oatmeal Coconut Chocolate Chip Cookies:

1/2 lb (2 sticks) salted butter
1 1/2 cups brown sugar
2tsp vanilla
2 large eggs
2c old fashioned oats
1 1/2 c all purpose flour
1 tsp baking powder
1tsp ground cinnamon
1/2tsp ground nutmeg
1/2tsp salt
1 c chocolate chips
1 c coconut
Steps:
1-preheat oven to 350
2-In large bowl with electric mixer, beat butter, brown sugar and vanilla til light and fluffy (about 1 min). Add eggs and mix till thouroughly incorporated
3-Add oats, flour, baking powder, cinnamon , nutmeg and salt
4-mix on low speed till blended
5-mix in chocolate chips an cocount by hand with spoon
6-grease baking sheet with cooking spray
7-cook 10-13 min or until golden brown.

I was really happy with them even though I didn't have any nutmeg and put way more coconut and chocolate chips then required! I like lots of chunk:)

So sorry this seems to have been the longest post ever! I'll do a short one next time! I wonder if anyone even read this far? Race is out late again working at the church so I have a lot of time to myself so I guess this is how I choose to spend it:)

Have a great night!
Also be sure to check out this girl's fantastic giveaway! http://chelsea-rebecca.blogspot.com/2010/03/my-very-first-most-happy-giveaway.html
I hope I win real bad!

4 comments:

  1. ah this post is am packed with goodness!
    i must bake those cookies ASAP!!
    the little chicks are adorable!
    and the photos at the top are so lovely!!
    xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those cookies look so good! Im gonna have to try this recipe:) I always love your pictures, you should take a couple snap shots of our family. I would totally pay you! The weather has been perfect for it too:)
    Love the chickens! Too cute.

    ReplyDelete
  3. i want baby chicks SO bad. i just told craig we should get a baby chick for marley to play with, but he said she would eat it. i really can't imagine marley eating anything aside from dog food and treats, but maybe he's on to something. sad...cause i really want a baby chick!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey cailie!
    how sweet to put those pictures in :)
    i had so much fun with you and race i wish you could have stayed the whole weekend! i'm sure we will be seeing you soon tho! i can't wait!
    i sure like hearing about what you're up to and all those slammin deals you find on such cute things! keep up the good work!

    love,
    mel

    ReplyDelete

I ♥ comments.